Sonoma State Softball 2009-2010

Sonoma State Softball 2009-2010

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall semester dwindles down


Brand new baby blue sweatshirts from coach? Yayyy, that marks almost the end of the fall season as a gift from Coach.  She clearly knows how much we love free stuff J Now it’s back to individuals where we get some more personalized time with the coaching staff as we are broken down into small hitting groups, groups based on our positions, and then of course the always exciting team conditioning and weights.  I am really proud of where my team has came from considering we had the most difficult start this fall, out of all my seasons played here at Sonoma.  Our fitness has improved tremendously and we are pushing ourselves every day in the weight room, Coach Mack really has us focusing on pushing the limits and reaching our full potential because we won’t know what that is if we don’t test our strength by pushing boundaries.  On the field I am hoping to really see the competition between position players to increase because we have a great deal of depth to this squad with some hard working, and very experienced players along with some committed and very eager underclassmen.  Unfortunately our fall game schedule was somewhat short lived but we make up for that with lots of practices where we get to see live pitching from our staff and off of Coach Bridges.  I am incredibly eager to see how much more we will improve over Christmas break and let everyone know how ready we are for the traditional spring season to be here. 

In SAAC things have finally settled down just a little bit and I’m not mad one bit.  We are currently working on supporting all of our teams that are making to the post season.  In the coming weeks our game of the month to attend is going to be Women’s Volleyball vs. Cal State LA on November 11th at 7:00pm in the Wolves Den. We’re also working on brainstorming some of our community events for next semester so we can start our partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of Sonoma County.  We just had our bi-yearly SAAC Conference where legislative grids were reviewed and input was given on all things regarding the conference from apparel that’s sold to mandated time off during Christmas breaks.

Reality still has not set in for me that I am going to be graduating next Spring but it will after I meet with my advisor tomorrow to get my graduation application signed off and I add up all my units completed thus far and determine what my next steps will be as my final semester approaches.  I am enjoying writing for the sports section for the school paper more than I thought I could and I am holding A’s in all my classes and plan on doing so for the duration of the semester. 

The NBA season could not have come at a better time since the Yankees choked in the post season.  I am really looking forward to the addition of all the newbees on the Lakeshow roster, Blake and Barnes especially.  Oh and can’t forget to give credit to the 49er win in London last weekend, hopeful for a strong finish.

Until next time, farewell J

No comments:

Post a Comment